8.01.2013

My Favorite Summer Salad: Kale and Chickpeas with honey and lemon


I have made this salad SO often this summer I figured I should share! There's so many ways this can be done and you'll notice all the measurements are "to taste"; that's because I found that I needed to tweak it myself to make it just right for me. I love how the honey and lemon counteract each other, and the richness of the garlic.

Also, this originally it had avocado and olive oil in it too, but I'm trying to cut calories where I can so I made this lower-fat version. Grilled chicken is also delish in this salad.

Enjoy!


Kale and Chickpea Salad

Ingredients:

- Kale
- 1 oz. can of chick peas (fresh is always better, but I went with easy)
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- Tablespoon (or more to taste) minced garlic
- drizzle of honey
- drizzle of lemon juice
- drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette 
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste

(optional additions: avacado, grilled chicken, pine nuts.. get creative!)

 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment